Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To all the doubters

Here is phase II of our little project. We received phone calls and blog comments kind of doubting our painting skills and wondered what patterns we used, if it was paper or paint, some thought they were purchased. Well, to all the doubters, here is a picture of us working on it as well as the final product. We used those spongy ear plugs to do the solid circles and used a piece of construction paper rolled in a tube to make the hollow circles. Jess is so creative. They were both her ideas to make such nice circles. She is great. I love her so much. She has so many talents. You would not believe the fantastic scrapbook pages she has made for the boys. And now these block letters are memories that the boys can have forever.

12 comments:

Wright Place said...

THose are so stinkin cute! Good job!

Angela Dougherty said...

What a fun activity for you guys to do together!! They turned out incredible!

Sarah said...

They are adorable! Great work you guys. They really do look professional.

Tony said...

You can have your own craft segment on the morning news called Joe and Jess the crafty couple! AND MAKE MILLIONS!!!! I mean... Who in Iowa does anything else besides harvest Corn?

Lace said...

Good point Tony, good point.

Do you have any idea how incredibly impressed I am? I so do not have the patience to do something like that! I wish I did. Mine would have been like:

the first letter= lovely,
the second letter= sloppy,
the third letter= 'mom why did you only paint the first two letters in my name.'

And such a clever way to make circles I love it! Seriously, they are adorable!

Sarah Sidwell said...

Too super cute!! Can't wait for you to do Molly's. Way to "Create"
Missing you all!!

Jessica Jensen said...

Way to go!!!! Jessie you are so amazing! I love them! You guys did a great job. What fun.

-Yaerli Hatch said...

Those are SOOOOOOOOOO Cute

Tawnya said...

Glad you posted pictures because I really didn't think you did it. My doubts are laid to rest.

Samantha Fife said...

I think they look great! I am inspired to redo Michaela's!! Good Job Jessica.

meag said...

those are seriously so cute. Maybe i should make some for lis. good work.

Sheila Buchei said...

Way cute Jesser! Do you think you'll have time to take some custom orders for my boutique? LOL! When are you coming home? For Christmas? For Thanksgiving? Can't wait to see how much the boys have grown.