This post is for the friends and family in Utah that want to know how things are going. I decided to be quite specific and describe being here using all five senses.
Sight: It looks as if a tornado has torn through the house. Pillows, balls, toys, and blankets strewn about. There are a few dishes, and many pieces of a PB and J on the counter.
Smell: It smells like syrup-from the boys breakfast of maple and brown sugar oatmeal. This particular smell always lingers. It could be worse. I have two baby poopers in the house.
Touch: Its warm. And sticky.
Taste: I just ate a fruit snack.
Sound: Total silence. Its naptime. All is right with the world.
I put this one at the top of my priority list, and that is why the dishes aren't being done, and it smells like syrup instead of clorox, and its still sticky. In order to remedy those things I would need to make noise and risk waking the boys. NOT HAPPENING. Waking them would just make more tornado mess, and more sticky, and more stinky, and more fruit snacks.
9 comments:
Go take a nap girl. Don't you know that you get to take naps with your kids as long as they are taking naps. It gives you so much more energy to ENDURE!
You are so clever! I have to say things are much the same here, especially the tornado look, however lately my kitchen smells like ketchup- yuck! Maybe I'll make the girls dip in syrup instead, I think it would smell better!
Ah, nap time. Favorite time of the day (still two times of the day!:)
I think your posts are so cute! (....and your boys!) Most people tell me that Jordan looks like Topher Grace, but I'll take Jude Law too. And trust me, I am SO NOT supermom. SO NOT!
You always seem to find things to write about. I need to take some lessons from you. I love your posts.
I remember nap time. That's why I had the rule if you wake the baby you have to take a nap for them. I lived (endured) for nap time to come. I loved the quiet. Now I miss the noise. Funny how things change. I love the pictures of the boys. Can't wait to see them in person.
Mom
That's a pretty clever way to do a post. Your boys are so cute. Oh and our web address has changed to lovewithloveless.blogspot.com
Hi Jess! We finally joined the blogging world! Woo hoo! You're such a cute little Mommy!! Miss u guys!
I LOVED reading that. The tornado touched down here too. And I just ate a chocolate chip.
Can't clean or I'll wake them up.
Post a Comment