Thursday, January 12, 2012

Breastfeeding is hard!

it's been a struggle. i won't get into all the details, but we've tried EVERYTHING-literally every single thing a person can try we've tried. Right now i nurse Joelle, she gets almost nothing, and i pump while grandma feeds her a bottle of pumped milk. i'm VERY worried that once grandma leaves us I won't have the time to nurse, pump, bottle feed, burp, and lull joelle to sleep every 3 hours by myself.
I've been given priesthood blessings, and said many prayers and received answers, but now i'm enlisting your help. say a quick prayer for us please? i really believe it makes a difference, and i've seen little miracles in these first 2 weeks that Joelle has been home as a result of prayer. but joe's mom had to go home, and my mom leaves on Saturday, and i'm really hoping to have gotten the hang of nursing by the time she leaves. i know that people think i'm strong bc i have twins, but the truth is that i'm a weak woman who needs one more miracle. one quick prayer will do, if you have a second while you read this. Thanks, and i will get more pictures soon!

8 comments:

Brittany Petersen said...

Consider it done! I hope it gets better :)

Tawnya said...

Already have, but will keep prayin'. Love you!

Tawnya said...

And when your mama leaves, I am here to help. Seriously!!

Sarah said...

Good luck Jess. I'm sorry you're still struggling with it. I have and will continue to pray for you. Love you tons

CallisterCatch said...

Hang in there. I will keep you in my prayers. And yes we want to see more cute pictures.

Rachel said...

With Brennan I had a REALLY hard time. There was about 2500 times I considered quitting. You CAN do this. I learned a lot of tricks with B from the lactation consultant, if you still need help, let me know!

Sarah Sidwell said...

Done! Do what works!!!!! If the shield works, USE IT!!! If nothing works and you just pump, do that. If you have to do formula, do that. I still reallly recommend the shield, but that's the thing that worked for me, so I liked it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you! Charlie was the WORST nurser ever and it was seriously the most frustrating thing of my life. Sounds silly, but it was. I used a nipple shield for four months and he finally caught on. He was just sooo lazy and didn't care to latch on right. To this day, he still doesn't eat well. Just his personality i guess. But I will pray for you! You can do it!! And there is no shame in giving your babe formula either. ;) But if you haven't tried the shield, i would start there!