This weekend my mom was able to come out to visit us. We had a great time, and we loved having her here. We went shopping, Joe and I got to go to the new Kansas City Temple, more shopping, played at the park, played softball as a family, hit up LOTS of yard sales (more cheap cute clothes for the boys and Joelle), and right before my mom left we went to see the Kansas City Zoo.
The boys absolutely loved the polar bear. They said it was their favorite part. My mom tried to lift Noah up to be as tall as the bear paw, but ended up bonking his head. Poor kid. At least it's not a broken arm, eh? (inside joke)
I told them to give me a "real" smile. Thanks boys. They liked the elephants a lot though.
So did Joe.
We did a LOT of walking. The zoo is fairly big; mostly because the animals are spaced really far apart. The boys got tired of all of the walking.
My favorite part was seeing the chimps. This one came right up to the glass and just laid there.
We got tired of all the walking so we decided to see the rest of the zoo by train. Ethan was mesmerized by it. He rested his forehead on the railing in front of him and watched the tracks go by underneath us.
Just kidding. That picture is from our last drive to Utah, but I had to include it because it's so funny.
In other news, Joelle has teeth! Can you see the two on the bottom? She also has 2 more on top, but they aren't her two front teeth. She has a lateral incisor on her left side that looks like a little fang coming through. it's so funny. Fortunately her central incisor on that side has finally broken through so hopefully it won't look too crazy.
She is also crawling! It's taken her a long time. There were several friends and family members who've had babies around the same time as me, and their kids are all crawling machines. Joelle is just barely (like a week ago) starting to crawl. I guess it's a good thing since our budget has still been pretty tight and we had to special order a gate for the top of our stairs. The longer we could wait to order it, the better. I've also gotten her to say a few words on command. I wouldn't say she's talking yet because it's still pretty rare to get her to say it, but I'll document it anyway. She says 'mama', but only when she cries. She said 'dada' once, and I've gotten her to say 'hi' a hand full of times.
Right now the boys are still loving preschool. I'm so glad. I don't have to feel any reservations about ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT! It's basically structured playtime for them, and structured get-things-done time for me. win win right?! The only down side it that I've been letting my boys dress themselves, and they almost never match. That may seem so trivial and dumb, but it's been a big issue for me. I've always felt like having the boys match is the best way to present them. They look nice and orderly. I'm realizing, however, that i need to encourage them to be their own person. I know it's important, but it's still hard to see them looking all uncoordinated. anyway, that's all i have time to get into for now.
5 comments:
I totally know how you feel about wanting your boys to coordinate. I am the same way. But, when you buy second hand clothes it is hard to get matching things. You are right though, it is good to let them be their own person. I have set shirts that I like one to wear and not the other and when they pick the other shirt I am calling them by the wrong name all day. I-YI_YI, being a mom of twins and the silly things we care about :)
I love the picture of your mom with the kids!! How cute!! Yay for Joelle crawling and having teeth!! What a big girl! Miss you!
Love those kids... fun time with Grandma Leslie... I am so glad.
I probably shouldn't be laughing at the pic where your mom bonked Noah's head. Sorry ;)
Joelle looks so adorable. That you are a dentist's wife is evident. I'm pretty positive I would never announce Declan's teeth so accurately.
Your Mom looks great. The zoo looks like tons of fun. I miss you. I hope you got my b-day call. I'll try again. Love you!
Post a Comment