Monday, April 1, 2013

homemade...and not

 The Saturday before Easter, I got an itch to sew. I was browsing through Shabby Apple after having seen her LDS video. I was so inspired by her determination to make her own dresses, that I decided to do the same! I found a night dress/muumuu at a thrift store in December, and I just fell in love with the fabric. On Saturday I decided to turn this mass of fabric into EXACTLY what I wanted it to be-a light, summery, high waisted skirt, with a vintage flair.
 Notice the detail with the pleats? Eh? Eh? I also added a blue lace trim to the waistband...
 ...and the bottom hem.
Not bad, right? Okay, please ignore the 'I'm trying really hard to look effortless' pose.
 I also made the boys some matching bow ties. Look at that face! He lost another tooth Saturday night, but that's another story.

-
I did not make Joelle's outfit, but I DID make Joelle. Does that count?

7 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

It counts... great job on your dress and bow ties

Angela Dougherty said...

I love that dress!! Also, you're such a skinny mini! Sigh...I miss you.

HSBahr said...

Super cute dress! Well done! Glad that Spring is coming too.

Tawnya said...

Nice job with the skirt! Love it! And cute shoes! Blue suede... :)

Sarah said...

Great job on the adorable dress! I can't believe your boys are losing teeth. We are getting so old. You look great Jesser. Hopefully we'll see each other again someday...miss you!

Shermilton said...

Darling! Way to sew!

Jewel said...

Jeeze, Lace and everything.

That last line was the best. Yes, that counts.

Your sense of humor kills me.