Saturday, June 7, 2008
I'm a Liar
I've come to realize that my children make liars out of me. It seems as though everytime I share a fact or fun little story, my boys will immediately contradict me. I told my mom that Noah was propping himself up on his elbows, but when i tried to show her he just arched his back and grunted. I started telling people that the boys were finally sleeping through the night, but that was followed by two weeks of each boy waking up every night. I complain that my boys never seem to be able to nap at the same time, and yet here i am being able to blog because both are sound asleep in their crib. The solution i have reached is that i need to hand out a flier after each conversation that reads: "each and any statement made by Jessica is subject to change without warning. Listener side effects may result in confusion, feelings of distrust, concern or betrayal. Any repeated facts that become contradictory to true life will be metally marked at listeners expense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You are funny, Jess. Babies are too. I thought I'd respond to your comment on my blog, here on your's. Baby-Head is said to be when you are pregnant or have just had a baby and you become sort of dense, you forget stuff, you say dumb things, etc. At least that's what Alex's family calls it. So I'm trying to keep my mind active so I don't turn into an idiot, especially since I'll be going to school all this time. Also, I really liked your peom! It's wonderful.
I agree wasn't when you guys stopped by that I said Matthew waves bye bye and play patty cake... Your great... You need to update us on what the doc said and Joey's job...
I love it!! So true!!!
I will remember that. Maybe when we have our baby, I will post that on stickers and give it to all those who come to visit. :)
You are so funny. The things you come up with!? I want to see you guys before you leave. When do you leave for Iowa?
HI jesse! I found your blog through trish (hartley). How odd. I used to hang out with her older sister Jen and Aaron in highschool and stuff. Anyways your boys are getting so big! I get ya on the whole liar thing. I usually just say that they "seem to be doing this a little bit lately" and then I don't have to feel like a liar. example: Right now, Tayvie seems to be liking to play with toys a lot. She grabs them and puts them in her mouth. She also may have found her toes.
Post a Comment