Thursday, June 26, 2008
IOWA
Joe and I just got back from our trip to Iowa to find an apartment. It was a really great trip, even though both of us missed our boys terribly. I just had to keep reminding myself that if the boys were there, we would probably wish they weren't so its a good thing we left them with Grandma Peggy. Joe and i stayed with the Ross family, and they did such a great job taking us around town and helping us find places. Sarah Ross would give me tips on what areas were good and family oriented and which areas were a little more shady. It was so nice to have her input. I would hate to sign a lease and then find out after I've moved in that my neighbors were also drug dealers or something. She even took me to an enrichment night held by my future ward so that i could get to know some of the girls. Unfortunately i don't have any pictures to post of our new apartment. I was kicking myself that i didn't bring my camera. anyway, its a two bedroom apartment with a washer and dryer. It also comes with a dishwasher, a disposal, a mounted microwave, and even a fireplace! This apartment was way more that Joe and I could have ever asked for. I will post pictures if i can find some on the internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am glad the trip was a success!!! How was the water? I bet you were happy to get back to the boys. I talked to my mom one night and they were cooing in the background. It was SOOOOO cute!! Can't wait to see pics. I bet it feels nice to have a place lined up. Missing you all!
I am glad that everything went well with the trip and that you found a place. Its always an adventure! The boys seemed to do pretty good to. When I would call they would just be a playing in the background. Love ya!
Jess
Hey! This is Christa (Woodward) Terry. I am Brennen's older sister, and I live out in Davenport, Iowa. We are only 40 minutes from where you guys are living so I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to let me know! The people out here are amazing, so I am sure you will be well taken care of! And I promise that this place grows on you :)
I bet it feels so good to know that you already have a place to live for when you move. That is just one big thing off the list. Well good luck with everything else!
Post a Comment