Thursday, February 19, 2009

Intervention!!!

Normally an intervention is organized by your friends, loved ones and such. They sit you down and tell you that you have a problem that has gone on long enough. They are showing their support to you in helping you to change for the better.
I'm realizing now that I am in dire need for a total hair intervention! I realize that its unconventional for me to orchestrate this whole thing, but i know you all love me and will support me in my decision to change. The above christmas picture shows my roots that are practically down to my neck. The cut is a little crazy and uneven as i have tried to trim it myself and i cannot continue to grow it out like this. My overall goal is to grow it out, but in the mean time i want something that will look good now AND as it grows.
PLEASE HELP!!!
I've never been one to go out and get my hair colored every 4 weeks or whatever is the norm, but is that what i need to do to make it look like a clean blonde hairstyle instead of my usual dirty blonde? What kind of cut will look good as it grows?
Also, I'd like to accomplish this on a budget-small budget.

Now i know that you girls have a wealth of knowledge in this area. I won't drop names, but i will say that i know most of you are more informed in this area than i am. HELP!!!

8 comments:

Jewel said...

Jessica,
I have felt lately like a big puffball head so I am sorry to say that I am not that hair pro. Email Lindsay.
P.S. You are a babe.

Samantha Fife said...

I also, cannot help you in this one. I ALWAYS have blonde hair, until in the last six months I have chopped off my highlights and let the brown grow out.....crazy budget right?! I KNOW Tawnya is an expert in this area :) Good luck and pass on the info :)

Tawnya said...

I would like to say that Tawnya is NOT an expert in this area. I change my hair a lot, but that is because I am impatient and get bored easily. Anywho, I love your hair...really love it. I think you are so antsy about it because you need a change. I would do something small, maybe an a-line. And one way to keep the roots from showing a lot is to do brown low lights as well as highlights. That helps them not show as much. Just a thought.

Lindy said...

Well, I've never actually seen you in person, but I think your hair in the picture up top is SUPER cute! I'm the same way, though, especially on a student budget - there's no way I could get my hair done every 4 weeks. I used to go every 6 months but now - with a little persuasion from my hubby (I guess he likes it when I get my hair done!) - I feel good going about once every 3 months.

TM said...

I think you should do a cute A line, and stack it in the back! Leave the length in the front! And as far as color, I say go blonde! Having roots sucks, but i think it is way worth it.

-Yaerli Hatch said...

Good luck with everything...
I Love the way you have your hair right now.


Love YaerBear

Wilsons said...

Well Jess..I am so sorry to hear you are having hair problems. If I were you...I would probaby have to go with what Tawnya said. An a-line is really popular right now...almost too popular I think, but its cute and can grow out pretty easily. Also how she said adding some brown lowlights would definitly break up the blonde so that the roots arent so dramatic. When I chopped mine off and then started to let it grow out again I grew it into an a line, and then once the back was long enough, i cut it the same length all around. Now its just growing out from there! Patience is key.

Kristi and Kory Jones said...

well, i'm no expert but i think your hair is adorable short. but if you are dead set on growing it out then i suggest NOT cutting it in an A-line. Mine is in a-line and i really like it but i think it will be harder to grow it out because eventually you will have to cut the front hair to even it out, which will take longer to grow out. I think if you're gonna grow it out then maybe try cutting is straight across and add a few slightly shorter layers in it to add more style to it. but don't do short layers.. cuz then it will take longer to grow out also.
as far as color goes... i ALWAYS feel better about my appearance when i have fresh highlights. but if you don't want major regrowth then try adding some low lights that match your regrowth with some really light highlights. try finding a hair school out there and see if you can get a senior to color it. it's always cheaper at beauty schools! :)
Good luck! those are some tips.. but i think you look super cute now.