Sunday, May 10, 2009
White Coat Ceremony
Last Thursday was had our White Coat Ceremony which is when all of us first year students are given clinical privileges to start working on real patients. Up til this point we have been practicing on mannequin heads, ivory teeth, and also doing work on each other. Now we are able to see patients for real. In two weeks we have our first clinical test where we will actually do a full mouth cleaning and scaling. I'm pretty excited to start really working in the clinic. I am a little worried about our anesthesia class in week and a half where we will give nine different numbing injections to our classmates. Anyway, these are pictures are from the Press Citizen which is the local newspaper for Iowa City. Jess cut out the article and hung it on the fridge. "Tomorrow they may wrap fishes in it, but I was a star for one whole minute."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Joe-
That is so cool! You are the king of New... Iowa. How come you didn't tell us about white coat ceremony? That is a BIG deal in the medical world. Hope it was memorable and that you have confidence in yourself. You rock- Your efforts WILL pay off, keep your nose to the grindstone and keep your teeth clean and you will have the paper in your hand soon enough that says "Doctor" Joseph S. Whitehead.
-Nick
oh yeah, I forgot the DDS part. It will say that too!
Does that mean when I say "The white coats are coming." I'm really not crazy your just coming home? mom
Great job.
Congrats Joe! We're so proud of you guys!!!
-Angela
What's the "s" stand for in Joseph S. Whitehead? It must be sissy. Haha, j/k, lol.
-Joseph
(Joe, I'm apologizing for my husband. I didn't want to type that. He made me...)
yea for white coats. Did they look so handsome or what?! so this was my first time seeing "Chorewhore" (or whatever her name is...) interesting. She told Derek I was cute, does that mean she likes me, as much as Doc?
Newsies! Nice!
You are famous! I am sorry I didn's know about the white coat ceremony! that is such a big deal... we are so proud of you and all of your hard work. We love you!
Jess
So Joe,
Does this mean we get FREE dental appointments???
JK,
Congrats!
-Bear
Post a Comment