Friday, June 12, 2009

Haircuts, Races, and Popcicles.

This was an event-filled day for us-except that i don't remember which day this was. My friends Tawnya and Angela came over to visit and brought with them Ethan and Noah's friends Spencer and Jake. They have so much fun together. We really lucked out that we all had boys the same age. So we (I) decided that Tawnya and Jed had missed their chance to cut Spencer's hair. They've been talking about it for weeks, and so i told them that the next time I watch Spenc I was going to buzz off his baby mullet. Tawnya was a little hesitant, but I convinced her that the skullet had ruled Spencer long enough and the time had come to take action. So we did.

This is Spencer's before picure.














Cutting Spencer's hair proved to be very challenging. Even more challenging than cutting both of my boys' hair put together.














But we managed to get through it and save the clippings for Spencer's scrapbook.







Next we took the boys outside and they all raced up the stairs as fast as they could, which gave us mom's an idea. We put them all back down to the bottom step and set up a REAL race. I just can't supress my competitive nature.
3...2...1...GO! And they are off. The twins are neck and neck straight out of the hole, and Spencer is following closely behind. Jake, for the first time in his entire life, has not yet moved...
















With one step behind them Noah is pulling ahead and Jake has caught up to Spencer in a tie for third place. Yes, you can see Angela and I egging them forward with a popcicle.













Ethan drops behind to last place while Noah emerges ahead just steps from the finish line. Jake is in second place, but seems to have stopped for a quick scream. Will Spencer merge ahead for a chance to pass Jake?








Noah wins! Yay, and the victory popcicle is his for the taking. Spencer takes second place, Jake came in third, leaving Ethan in last place.












But victory comes for all today as Ethan and Spencer both enjoy some popcicle.











...and Spencer really really enjoys it.











...and Jake really really doesn't.


7 comments:

Angela Dougherty said...

Haha!! Good times...apparently the popsicle wasn't enough to lure Jake to book it a little more. Next time I'll use my cell phone. Then we'll really see whose baby is fastest. It's so on!!

Heidi Miller said...

That is hilarious. Boys are so much fun!

Keenan and Brittani Atwood said...

Awesome! The baby race is cracking me up! Seriously. I'm still laughing. ;) I can't believe how big the boys are getting!

Sarah F said...

that was an awesome post. how fun! what a fun idea, a baby race for popsicles!
i'm glad i found your blog, through the atwoods. (joe--it's sarah g)

Sarah Sidwell said...

you are lucky to have so many friends with kids the same age. i am sure it makes life interesting! love the pics.

bobandhaley said...

What a fun day. Hey Jessica, I have a question for you... Did you have a C-section? That is what my Dr. is planning for me but I am a little worried about the recovery process. (By the way, thank you for letting me ask you questions. I don't know many people who have had twins.. and sorry if it is a little awkward.)

Jewel said...

Being a Mom is pretty exciting when you make it, huh. My heart was racing reading the play by play.

I think it was at a REAL soccer game on the news that I saw a baby crawl race during time out or something. YOu should enter Noah. Win some prizes or something.