This past week has been quite different from most. Jessica has been gone since Monday helping with stake girls camp and I am being "Mr. Mom." I tell you what, it is not even close to as easy as Jess makes it look. During this last year of school I have dreamt of being able to spend entire days with the my boys; two or three hours each day simply wasn't enough. Now I have a bit better of an understanding as to why Jessica gives a great sigh of relief when the boys go to bed for the night. I have loved spending time with Ethan and Noah but is really is exhausting. In just a few short days I have gained a far greater appreciation for Jess than I ever thought possible. I thought I knew how hard it was and I only gave that level of respect to my wife. Now my respect level for her has increased 10, nay, 100 fold. I have never felt so selfish and naive as I do now that I understand (in a minute amount) what she goes through each day in raising me and the boys. She is my everything. She is beautiful. When she was pregnant I used to say that she wasn't just carrying twins, she carried me too. As we have been here in this unique stage in life she has carried me more than ever. I hope that somehow I can express to her how much I love her. I know that she can sometimes feel under appreciated and alone and I hope I can remedy those feeling by showing an increase in love. Her boys love her too. Two days ago when they woke up from their nap they were both calling "momma." When I walked in I think they were a little disappointed. I could not survive without her. My "Mr Mom" skills can never match the abilities she has. Jessica I love and miss you and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Im excited for you to tell me all about the things you have learned and the experiences you have had. I can't wait to hold you with no intention of letting go.
I made this video for Jessica but you all get to see it too. If you want to see it full screene you can find it by going to http://www.youtube.com/ and typing "ethan and noah whitehead" of just click on this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAXLnC288TM
7 comments:
So cute!! We love you and Jess!
That's so sweet, Joe! You guys are awesome!
Oh - How sweet Joe.....You're going to get lots of points for that one.
nothing makes me happier than to know my kid's spouses love them this much. I am a pretty lucky mom and mom in law. i could swear that was jw singing.
JOSEPH! That was SOOO sweet!!!
John and I watched the video last night and LOVED it so I got on to let you know that. But I didn't realize that there was all that feeling behind it.
I'm glad you got your lovely, devoted wife that camera. That video is a good way to celebrate what you have created.
What a sweet post Joe!! AAw!
Thats INSANE how much they look like you Joe! HA HA HA HA HA
Post a Comment