Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Is it too early to be thinking about Christmas?

answer?
only when you're thoughts of christmas=gifts.
Guilty as charged.
Joe and i already purchased our Christmas gift this year. A new mattress! We have always known that we needed to get one at some point, and when Joe and i started waking up with back, neck, and shoulder aches we decided that the time was now. Joe is usually the one to research, find, and purchase big things like this, but he was quite busy with school so i decided to pick up the slack. I found a going out of business sale here in coralville, found a mattress, got a deal (a total steal! I'm the queen of shopping in case you didn't know), and then brought Joe to the store to give me the thumbs up to make the purchase. We are supposed to have it by tomorrow, but its still going to count as our christmas gift this year. Some people consider this spoiling the gift, but i think of it as enjoying it sooner.

5 comments:

bobandhaley said...

Bob and I usually decide on a bigger gift for each other for Christmas time too... This year it is either going to be a dish washer or save money for a second (junker) car. I guess we 'spoil' the gift too, but when you need it, you need it right?!

Rachel said...

Bravo!! But You went shopping without me?! Let's shop again soon!

Keenan and Brittani Atwood said...

Nice! A good mattress is a fabulous investment :) Merry Christmas!

CallisterCatch said...

Nice. We need a new mattress but we can't make ourselves fork out the money for one. And beside we just purchased our Christmas present for the next ten years. Kinda sucks when you buy a house. Hope all is well.

Tawnya said...

I'm thinking about christmas and like counting down the days!!!! Oh, and congrats on the new bed!!