Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

It's baseball season! And do you know what that means at our house?!
 It means it's time to whip out the white spray paint and baseball tee. This a picture of the boys showing me their white hands after having touched the fresh white paint.
Joe is such a good dad.
He even painted where their feet go. they tend to have trouble with their stance so this was Joe's genius solution.
  I love him so much that I'm posting a pic of me after having slept off all of my makeup.
 Noah swinging the bat!
 Running the bases! This is Ethan trying to 'throw him out'. They don't have any other teammates so they literally throw the ball at the base runner.  He hit Noah in the arm.
Noah throwing a fit because Ethan hit him with the ball-even though Joe kept telling him that he was safe.
 Ethan's turn at bat.
And of course his consequential fit from being thrown out.

I love the weather right now. Cool spring evening, baseball, pandora, and the smell of dinner cooking.
Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa.
(can you tell that we love using that line in our blog? its about the 5th time we've done it)

9 comments:

Sarah Sidwell said...

So fun!! What a good idea! I can't believe your grass is so green already

Jessica Jensen said...

If you build it they will come.... I guess I will have to come and play a game or two with the boys soon. Loved the post thanks for sharing!

Brennan and Rachel said...

That's such a good idea! I'll have to steal it when I have kids that are older. And I loved the pictures of the fits. :) Your boys make me smile.

Tawnya said...

I wanna come over!

Emily said...

That is so cute. I would never have though of doing something like that.

HSBahr said...

Can we come over and play? So much fun!

Shermilton said...

Such a great idea. Thinkin outside the box!

Jewel said...

I can't wait until we have a family softball game in just a few years. It will have to be when most of the kids are old enough to hit the ball and most of the adults aren't too old to run the bases.

P.S. Did you know Cara is playing softball now, and I am on the RS "team" We spend many hours a week at the fields.

Jim said...

Substantially boosting the electricity in addition to competitiveness of that Web-based Microsoft office 2007 e-mail program, Office 2010 will be empowering a trial and error capability to study, create, look Google30mail communications whilst certainly not coupled to the community.
Bing feels practically carefully with cloud calculating, the thought that laptop uses along with data survive Office 2007 downlaod on the Internet instead of upon Computers. Microsoft
Office 2010 Professional