Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Real Quick

I've tried really hard to make my boys more independent. It's been a real effort for me. I've stopped dressing them, cleaning up their toys, washing their hands and faces, and getting their snacks and drinks. It takes longer, and it's messier but so far it's been worth it. Now they're perfectly capable of doing those things themselves. Unfortunately since they can get their own snack-they get their own snacks! This is what I found when I left them alone in the kitchen for 5 minutes.
 If you'll notice, there is a bunch of yummy healthy grapes behind him, but he chose the biggest spoon we have and pulled out the biggest hunk of peanut butter he could.
And as you can see from his face and shirt, this obviously wasn't his first heaping spoonful.
Independence comes with a price.  Stinker.

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

He'll be strong and health??

Jessica Jensen said...

He does this to make his aunt jess smile....

Clark said...

Mmm, peanut butter. Just a little taste Mom...

bobandhaley said...

I still lock my kitchen with a baby gate. I'm not looking forward to finding my boys doing that.

Jewel said...

This scene has been seen at our house.