That's what all the signs say as you drive toward the Wisconsin Dells. Apparently you call it Wis Dells when you are super cool and in the know. Angela had a cool title when she posted about the trip so i thought i had to think of something too.
So this weekend we took a trip up the the Wis Dells which is this city almost completely comprised of water park resorts. There are several hotel resorts in town, each with their own complete water park to go with it. Our hotel (Wilderness Resort) was one of the smaller parks and it still had 3 indoor water parks each complete with water slides and kiddie areas. We didn't get any real pictures of us playing in the water since we didn't want to get the camera all wet, but Joe did take this video of our hotel room that he was extremely impressed with. In the video you get a quick peek at the awesome outdoor water park which wasn't open since its out of season right now.
The trip was a blast! I decided almost immediately that Wisconsin Dells is going to be an annual trip for us. It was so much fun for the adults and still perfect for the boys as well. Even with the outdoor parks closed it was still awesome. We'd take turns with the Doughertys (some friends of ours that we went with) watching all the kids and going down the water slides. I absolutely loved it! It was a perfect little trip-it was cheap, fun for all the family, and close enough that we can still drive home at the end of the day.
Since i don't have any pictures of the water parks I'm going to make you look them up. Just go to www.wildernessonthelake.com and click on water parks. Make sure to look at the pictures of The Hurricane! It was seriously nuts! I thought I was going to die. I'd even seen the picture but I thought they'd turned the camera sideways to make the picture more dramatic-NOPE. We actually did that. How many times can I say that it was awesome? If you live anywhere near the area you need to plan a trip to the Dells, or contact us to see if you can tag along on our next trip.
7 comments:
ok, next time you guys go, we want to go! That looks like so much fun!
Well, actually, us cool kids just call it "The Dells". And we're still going at the end of June, it'd be a blasty blast if you guys were there too!!
yup! June it is! Hear that friends? We are going to "the Dells" again in June so let us know if you want to come too!
Sniffle. Wish we'd have been invited... sniffle sniffle. Haha- just kidding :) Looks like a fun trip, though! We're planning on taking a trip to the Dells in June, as well, so we should totally coordinate our trips! We'd love to see you guys!!
Wow Jess, that looks like a blast! Way cool
I've heard of that and it's definitely on my "to do someday" list. Glad you were able to go and have such a great time.
That looks awesome! Mitch and I want to get up there sometime before we head out of iowa! I will have to get the info to the hotel you stayed at! Im glad you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment