I figure it is finally my turn to place a post on our new family blog. I was so happy that Jessica started this blog. She did it just randomly and she suprised me with it. It is great that we now will have a way to share our lives with our friends and family while keeping record of our lives at the same time.
Last night Jessica were sitting at home watching a "chick flick" film and just enjoying our time together. Sometimes it is hard for me to watch those "girly" movies because the guys on them are so perfect. I never treat my wife with the same love, excitement, affection, and care as those fictional dreamy men. I try hard to be a fun and lving husband and father but of course I fall short. I hope that Jessica can see and feel how much I love her. I hope that she can see past me stiff, boring lifestyle and find joy. It is fun how we are always getting to know each other better. There are still a million things that I don't know about her but I try. So much of my time has been spent with school and future career goals and sometime I feel like I am missing out on the fun parts of life. Like Jess said in her earlier bolg, its like the only time we are going to have the time a nresources to "enjoy life" we will be too old to enjoy it. I guess that means I need to do more now to bring joy to our journey through school and career preparation so that it is not just a four year waiting period where our lives are on hold.
Now as the time gets closer to our move to Iowa, I am increasingly aware of Jessica's fear of being so far away. Fortunately for us, we have our own family now with the two of us and our boys. They are so fun. They are getting more and more personality. They are learning to grasp and hold themselves up on their elbows and the smile and laugh everytime I make faces at them. I hope that we can be the kind of parents to them as Jess and I both had.
Joseph
P.S. Jess, I love you
6 comments:
Sweet! Life is what you make of it and being a family is one of the most fun things I have done...hardest, most work, but most rewarding. Jessie is tough! She will do well in Iowa. Change is just hard, the unknown is hard, but the Lord has had a hand in it every step of the way and he will continue to have a hand in your journey through life.
I know all about change lately...baby on the way, no job, new insurance, new house, new city, new state, wow all these new experiences. I agree with Jessica, Jessie is tough. You are too and you will make it through!! You have each other and your boys and that is all that matters!! -sarah
That's very sweet, Joe. You are an amazing husband to Jess, and don't you forget it. Jessica is the most wonderful person, too (although I know you know that). She can handle anything and come out conquerer, although she may not give herself credit for it.
I sent pictures that we took on our last visit with you guys to Jess's email address. Make sure you take a look. They're great. Love you guys!
Here is my latest favorite quote:
"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."
Yeah, we moms can never be like those chicks in the movies with the rock hard abs and perfect complexions either. That's why its the movies. But reality is better.
That last one was from Julia.
Isn't young love grand. But honestly, and your mother wouldn't lie, it gets better and better. I love dad more than I thought I could. It's when you want more for him than for yourself, and even your children. Your adventure in Iowa will be much like leaving Heaven and Father and Mother. But just as you know you can call on us for help, just as you know that we love all four of you, there will be distance and you will truly have to work on keeping your marriage covenant to leave Father and Mother. But oh what joy will be yours. I promise. There will always be hard times, but that is as it should be, just know that we all are praying for you and we all will help, and we will see you more often than you think.
Love, mom
Post a Comment