Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another Ouch!

Joe would tell some elaborate story making him sound super tough and manly. One such story i heard involved him playing second base and sacrificing his arm to stop the ball. Yadda yadda yadda. The truth is less entertaining, but that doesn't mean his arm isn't in quite a bit of pain. On Saturday Joe was donating plasma and the phlebotomist missed the vein. He didn't notice so much at first, except that the machine was running a little slow. It wasn't until the machine started pumping his blood back into his arm that Joe realized that there was something wrong. He was immediately disconnected, and came home with a very very sore arm. Although the picture looks bad, it really doesn't do the bruise justice... it looks much worse in real life.


5 comments:

megan-logan-ryder said...

Super Ouch! That happened to Logan once when he donated plasma too. I am a little skeptical of donating plasma now, that is the third time I have heard that happen to someone. But I probably will at least once when I can. Sorry about your arm Joe. :(

Sarah Sidwell said...

HOLY COW! Hopefully mom doesn't see that, she would want you to stop the plasma donating. OUCH! Hope it gets better soon.

Tawnya said...

Ok Joe,you win. Yours was WAY worse!

Brittany Petersen said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Jewel said...

That is yucky.