Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July in Jackson

Joe and I spent our 4th of July weekend in Jackson Hole, Wyoming this year. My aunt Kathy has a beautiful home in Alpine, about half hour away. I was so happy to see so many of my relatives that i haven't really seen in years. It was such a blast! I've decided that i would like to spend many an Independence Day in Wyoming because the fireworks are just so much better! We started our weekend with an ATV ride around the lake that Aunt Kathy lives by. We got a little soggy, a little weed whipped, and a lot dirty, but that's what makes it so much fun. One of my cousin's little boys who is only about three approached to later that night, touched his arm and said "I'm going to take you fow a wide in de ATVth". It was really cute. That night we had a BBQ, an adorable dance performance by two of my cousins' daughters who were 8 and 9. Then we watched the fireworks from the driveway. It was crazy to see all of these awesome fireworks that we only get to see in large firework shows, that were just randomly being shot from local homes all around us. The next morning we got up bright and early and drove to Jackson to RAFT THE SNAKE RIVER!!!! That was definitely top five experiences i have ever had including getting married and the birth of my children! I absolutely fell in love with river rafting. I had been intrigued by it in the past, but this trip just blew my expectations out of the water (no pun intended). The water in the Snake River was really high this year so the rapids were pretty awesome, and the water was so cold that we were required to wear wet suits. I got a chance to jump in the river with Joe and my brother Josh, and i just loved it to death. That's right. I love it so much I could die... from so much love... of it. Anyway, after the rafting Joe and I and Josh and his wife Britt grabbed some lunch and walked around Jackson for a while. We bought some souvenirs from a couple of shops and returned back to Aunt Kathy's house. From then on we just relaxed and visited. It was such a great experience altogether and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go and share some great family experiences before we move to Iowa.

1 comment:

Tony said...

I miss that fun family time with the Petersens! Oh.... Do I miss the fun